Get Adobe Flash player


At the Law Offices of Sherman M. Ellison our primary concern is you...our client. We know, through many years of successful experience, what works best when it comes to getting traffic tickets dismissed and reduced. We are quite proud of our 90% success rate, which we encourage you to examine by visiting our "Victory List." The Law Offices of Sherman M. Ellison is exclusively dedicated to traffic ticket defense, throughout California. This is all we do...and we do it well. Thank you for the consideration.
Contact Form

Name *

Tel *

Email *

Violation Type

Violation Number

Specify If Other

Location Of Court


Capture Input this code: captcha

DMV Matters / Issues

NEGLIGENT OPERATOR Proceedings — Vehicle Code section 12810 — Can cause [1] your driving privilege to be suspended or restricted and/or [2] for the DMV to place you on probation, which would mean that any traffic ticket or accident you have after being placed on probation could be a basis for suspending or restricting your driving privilege.
If you have either [1] 4-points in a 12-month period, [2] 6-points in a 24-month period or [3] 8-points in a 36 month period on your DMV record, the DMV will deem you a “Negligent Operator”.  YOU ARE ENTITLED TO HEARING to contest that determination.

There are many ways to contest and win these proceedings, including getting 1 or more of your previous convictions set aside.
Mature, Elderly or Infirm Drivers are subject to “Re-Examination” to determine if you can safely operate a motor vehicle pursuant to Vehicle Code sections 12804.8, 12804.9, 12805, 12806 and 12809.  Your vision, medical condition(s), knowledge of the driving law and ability to safely operate a motor vehicle can be tested by the DMV.

There are many things that you can do to be able to keep your driving privilege.  I have represented clients in numerous proceedings and on behalf of my clients, have prevailed in and won every hearing with the DMV.  I work with your doctor(s), if necessary, with driver’s training programs and assist you to keep [or get back] your driving privilege.